Arthur F. Lafionatis
Click here to download Arthur’s vCard
Arthur Lafionatis is the founding member of Law Offices of Arthur F. Lafionatis; he has been practicing law in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area since 1980. Mr. Lafionatis concentrates his practice in the matters of commercial and business law, commercial real estate, commercial lending, construction, and cybersecurity. He represents developers, commercial and business clients and lenders in a variety of business and real estate transactions, including all phases of commercial real estate development, entity creation, general commercial representation, computer law, business succession planning and estate planning. Mr. Lafionatis has extensive experience in commercial landlord/tenant matters and is also experienced in commercial and construction litigation issues.
Mr. Lafionatis received his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of New Hampshire in 1977, graduating Summa Cum Laude in Political Science and Ancient Greek. In 1980 he received his Juris Doctor degree with honors from the National Law Center at George Washington University in Washington, D.C. Mr. Lafionatis is a member of the Virginia State Bar, the Maryland State Bar, and the District of Columbia Bar, and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia. He is also a member of the American Bar Association, the Bar Association of Montgomery County and the Fairfax Bar Association.
Mr. Lafionatis served for over six years as Chairman of the Board for the law firm of Lerch, Early and Brewer, Chartered in Bethesda, Maryland. He is a member of the Dean’s Advisory Board at George Washington University Law School, and has served as an advisor to several nonprofit organizations in the Washington, D.C. area.
In addition to his experience in both the business and practice of law, his business experience includes having been the former publisher of The Audio Adventure, a magazine featuring affordable high-end audio equipment.
Mr. Lafionatis is the founder of LAW Consulting Group, LLC, which provides consulting services to small and mid-sized law firms in the areas of law firm management, strategic and succession planning, technology, and cybersecurity issues.
As an actively involved member of Bethesda’s Greek Orthodox Church of St. George, Mr. Lafionatis chairs the Church’s building committee, overseeing its most recent property acquisitions and new building construction.
Honors and Awards:
- Ranked AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating
- Member Dean’s Advisory Board, George Washington University Law School, 2015 to present
- Co-Chair Business Law Section, Montgomery County, Maryland, Bar Association, 2001-2002
- Member, Parish Council, Greek Orthodox Church of St. George, Bethesda, Maryland
- Vice President 1992-1993
- President 1994
- Vice Chair and Chairman, Church Building Committee, 1992 to present
- Legal Counsel to Church 1992-2007
- Metropolitan Washington Orthodox Senior Housing, Inc:
- Board Member and Chair of Development Committee
- Co-Presenter at multiple Bar Association Continuing Legal Education programs and firm programs for attorneys and clients in areas of commercial real estate, business practice and construction related issues
- Deconstructing Construction Contract Forms: Which Ones and When?
- 8 1/2 Keys to Successful Commercial Leasing in Mixed Use Project
- SmartCEO Magazine’s “Legal Elite” list for 2012
- Spoke about time management issues and strategies at work and at home on the “Straight Up with Chris” program on Voice America Internet Talk Radio
- Law School for the Public Programs on Home Based Businesses
- Author, Laying the Groundwork for Change Among Older Partners, Managing Partner Magazine, July/August 2014