Click here to download Arthur’s vCard
Arthur Lafionatis is the founding member of Law Offices of Arthur F. Lafionatis, P.C.; he has been practicing law in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area since 1980. Mr. Lafionatis served for over six years as Chairman of the Board and Managing Member of an established mid-sized regional firm in the metropolitan Washington area. His business experience also includes having been the former publisher of The Audio Adventure, a magazine featuring affordable high-end audio equipment.
Mr. Lafionatis is the founder of LAW Consulting Group, LLC, which provides consulting services to small and mid-sized law firms in the areas of law firm management, strategic and succession planning, technology, and cybersecurity issues.
- 1977, Bachelor of Arts: The University of New Hampshire (graduating Summa Cum Laude in Political Science and Ancient Greek).
- 1980, Juris Doctor National Law Center, George Washington University (graduating with honors).
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member of the the American Bar Association (1980); Virginia State Bar (1980); the District of Columbia Bar (1985); the Maryland State Bar (1998); the Bar Association of Montgomery County (1998) and the Fairfax Bar Association (2017).
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia.
- Ranked AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating
- Member Dean’s Advisory Board, George Washington University Law School, 2015- present
- Co-Chair Business Law Section, Montgomery County, Maryland, Bar Association, 2001-2002
- The Greek Orthodox Church of St. George, Bethesda, Maryland
- Member, Parish Council
- Chairman, Church Building Committee: 1992-present
- Vice President of Parish Council: 1992-1993
- President of Parish Council: 1994
- Legal Counsel to Church 1992-2007
- Metropolitan Washington Orthodox Senior Housing, Inc.
- Board Member and Chair of Development Committee
- Co-Presenter at multiple Bar Association Continuing Legal Education programs and firm programs for attorneys and clients in areas of commercial real estate, business practice and construction related issues such as Deconstructing Construction Contract Forms: Which Ones and When?
- SmartCEO Magazine’s “Legal Elite” list for 2012
- Guest speaker on the “Straight Up with Chris” program on Voice America Internet Talk Radio
- Speaker on the Law School for the Public radio on Home Based Businesses
- Author, Laying the Groundwork for Change Among Older Partners, Managing Partner Magazine, July/August 2014